2.09.2010

Open wide!

We gave Elliott his first bites of solid foods this week! He started waking up in the middle of the night to eat, as well as eating a lot more during the day. Looking back, I think it was a growth spurt, but I was loosing copious amounts of sleep and got kind of desperate, so I caved and gave him some rice cereal. I was planning on waiting until his 6-month birthday to give him any solids, and I might wait until then to give him any more as he seems to be back on track now. Either way, here's a glimpse at Elliott eating "real" food for the first time! (p.s. I tried a tiny bit of the cereal and it tastes like paper. Gross.)













As you can see from this video, he pretty much just likes to teethe on the spoon. :)

1 comment:

Abby said...

So cute! Rice cereal is disgusting. Oatmeal is a wonderful alternative if you want something less...papery.