8.12.2010

Spearfishing

Thus far, my spearfishing in the intercoastal waters hasn't been affected by the oil. As long as that's the case, I'll keep on going when I can find the time. I've always enjoyed fishing with a rod and reel, and will probably continue to enjoy it throughout my life. However, when it comes to acquiring fish through my own efforts, I've really come to prefer spearfishing over any other approach. It's been a fun, challenging activity to share with friends. My friend Joe (pictured below) recently moved to Colorado, and I've missed sharing this with him. He's become a real expert with the pole spear over the past couple years. Here are a few photos of me with some of my friends I've gone spearfishing with this year, along with some of the fish we've caught:


Joe, Ben, and me


Joe, Justin, and me


me, Mark, and Sam


Sheepshead (Archosargus probatocephalus), Atlantic Spadefish (Chaetodipterus faber), Gag Grouper (Mycteroperca microlepis)

1 comment:

Joe, Johnena and Georgia Brown said...

Man, I miss spearfishing with you big time. I'm glad to see that you are still slinging steel undeterred by BP's negligence. You would definitely enjoy Colorado though. There is a great beer selection and nonstop outdoor activities. We may be coming to Montgomery, AL for part of next summer and if so, you can be sure we will come down and see you guys.

Joe